100% Packet Loss Problem

Discus and support 100% Packet Loss Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not sure if I'm posting In the right forums but if not please move my post. I have tried everything from changing my mac address to resetting the modem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SMASH20067, Mar 6, 2018.

1. SMASH20067
    SMASH20067 Guest

100% Packet Loss Problem

Not sure if I'm posting In the right forums but if not please move my post. I have tried everything from changing my mac address to resetting the modem and still can't get lower than 100% packet loss on my Xbox one.

I'm using an original Xbox, wireless internet (not able to hardwire) my Nat type is open. Download is 19.5MBPS and Upload is 18.6MBPS 0 latency wireless strength 83%. I have went offline, reset my Xbox reset my router and still same problem any suggestions
    would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SMASH20067, Mar 6, 2018
  2. 100% Packet Loss

I am having a problem with this packet loss too. 100% packet loss

Trust A Zombie, Mar 6, 2018
  3. 100% Loss packets

Same problem

in OK

100% packet loss

TacticalGhostII, Mar 6, 2018
  4. 100% Packet Loss Problem

Hi there UHM Lethal.

Let's have you try running through all the steps on our
    multiplayer connection error solution guide
    under the page for "You have high packet loss" as it includes a walkthrough that may be able to resolve this.

Please try the steps within in that guide and let us know if that helps or if you have any additional questions for us.

Mister Cazador, Mar 6, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    The packet loss is your router not allowing the Xbox to connect on to the internet and on rare occasions it can be the ISP

Try this first

Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox

Power cycle your network by unplugging the power to the modem & router for about 60 seconds.

If that fails then, go to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Forget Wireless Network

- Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear > let the Xbox Restart

- Try and reconnect to your wireless network again

Try your network test again. If that fails then try the next steps.

Go to Advanced settings > DNS Settings > Manual - Set the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the Secondary as 8.8.4.4

Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear > let the Xbox Restart

See what you're connection info is on the Xbox One

Go to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Detailed Network Statistics

It will show you Download / Upload / Packet Loss / MTU / Latency

Download (3.5 Mbps higher the better)
    Upload (0.5 Mbps higher the better)

Packet Loss (should be 0%)

MTU 1480 (usually)

Latency (Lower the better, no more than 150ms)

Wireless strength should be 80% or better for good performance

HAZMAT RADIO, Mar 6, 2018
  6. SMASH20067
    SMASH20067 Guest
    Tried Hard Reset, Did nothing

Tried Resetting modem+ router Did Nothing

Cleared Mac Address Did Nothing

Manually Changed DNS Settings Did Nothing

Switched from 2.4Mhz to 5.0Mhz Did nothing

Download 30.66

Upload 6.14

Packet Loss 100%

Latency 67ms

Wireless Strength 89%

Mtu 1480

I've tried going offline logging out then back online same issue, tried clearing Mac address multiple times resetting same issue.

Couple notes. My Xbox is getting internet because I can still talk in parties, still use YouTube I just can't play games, or stream netflix or Kodi.

My speed should be sufficient enough and I can add photos if I'm able. Starting to frustrate the hell outta me. I appreciate the help though..

SMASH20067, Mar 7, 2018
  7. Thanks for that additional info and for trying those steps. To check, are you able to test out a wired connection with an Ethernet cable running from your router to the back of your Xbox One console?

If so, can you please update us on what your detailed network statistics are showing as on your Xbox One console?

If you ran through all the
    high packet loss
    steps we provided in our previous post and they did not help, we recommend reaching out to your Internet Service Provider for further clarification on this and more steps to try.

Mister Cazador, Mar 8, 2018
  8. SMASH20067
    SMASH20067 Guest

100% Packet Loss Problem

I am currently unable as I'm using a shared internet connection. However I do know that it's a fibre optic network and the main modem is in my living space however I do not have access to the router to try a direct connection. Is there any other advice as
    like I said I am sharing with people who live in same building as me however I would be able to contact my ISP because I'm not on the account. I do however have access to the router settings however I know they have an Xbox of their own and I don't want to
    compromize their connection. I've tried pretty much every option you have given plus any I've found on YouTube and other sites to no avail. If I plugged an Ethernet cable into the modem i doubt it would send a signal to my Xbox I know there's a fiber optic
    box which is in the basement where my apartment is located but as I mentioned the router itself is in their suite. I do appreciate any help or pointers...

SMASH20067, Mar 8, 2018
  9. Gotcha. By any chance are you able to test out a mobile hotspot with your phone? While that's not a permanent solution or a recommended way to use Xbox Live for online multiplayer, it could indicate a different issue if you're still
    experiencing 100% packet loss with that hotspot.

Mister Cazador, Mar 8, 2018
  10. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    You stated you power cycled the modem/router and it did nothing and then you state - "I do not have access to the router"

Since you don't have access or control of the network it's going to be an issue somewhere on your network setup.

The network itself will have a main router, which you state you don't have access too.

You stated that you did power cycle a modem/router, so if there is a dual router setup then that's most likely where the problem is at.

The 100% packet loss occurs when the Xbox is unable to communicate out on the ports that it needs.

HAZMAT RADIO, Mar 8, 2018
  11. SMASH20067
    SMASH20067 Guest
    Okay I'll clarify. The Router is Upstairs the modem is not. I dont have access to it meaning I can't go up and reset ect. I can access the internal settings and reboot the router that way which is what I did. The Fibre optic modem/box is in my suite. Do
    you think if I opened the required ports that that may make a difference? Thanks for all your help. Been trying to figure it out for days. If worst comes to worst I'll just get my own net hooked up.

SMASH20067, Mar 9, 2018
  12. That's something you can try. We have info on
    network ports used by Xbox Live
    as well as how to setup port forwarding that may be able to help out.

If that does not help, we would recommend reaching out to your Internet Service Provider for further clarification on this or setting up your own network as you suggested.

Mister Cazador, Nov 1, 2018
  13. Trust A Zombie Win User

100% Packet Loss

I am having a problem with this packet loss too. 100% packet loss
  14. TacticalGhostII Win User

100% Loss packets

Same problem

in OK

100% packet loss
  15. TheRazorEnigma Win User

Is it possible to get packet loss that exceeds 100%?

100% packet loss is the maximum that is possible. However, occasionally it is possible that there may be a bug causing the packet loss to appear more than 100%, but this is uncommon. The maximum is 100%.
  16. Qualthis Win User

100% Packet Loss

Same issue. 100% Packet loss. No packet loss from my PC. Wireless connection via my Xbox one. Has been working fine just 10 hours ago. Tried it today: 100% packet loss.
  17. Mister Cazador Win User

100% Packet Loss Problem

I am currently unable as I'm using a shared internet connection. However I do know that it's a fibre optic network and the main modem is in my living space however I do not have access to the router to try a direct connection. Is there any other advice as
    like I said I am sharing with people who live in same building as me however I would be able to contact my ISP because I'm not on the account. I do however have access to the router settings however I know they have an Xbox of their own and I don't want to
    compromize their connection. I've tried pretty much every option you have given plus any I've found on YouTube and other sites to no avail. If I plugged an Ethernet cable into the modem i doubt it would send a signal to my Xbox I know there's a fiber optic
    box which is in the basement where my apartment is located but as I mentioned the router itself is in their suite. I do appreciate any help or pointers...
    Gotcha. By any chance are you able to test out a mobile hotspot with your phone? While that's not a permanent solution or a recommended way to use Xbox Live for online multiplayer, it could indicate a different issue if you're still
    experiencing 100% packet loss with that hotspot.
Thema:

100% Packet Loss Problem

1. 100% Packet Loss Problem - Similar Threads - 100% Packet Loss

2. 100 % packet loss on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    100 % packet loss on xbox: 100% packet loss is back again on xbox. I tried resetting my xbox, it doesn't help. 36aeda7d-06e4-487b-85a3-c55cf69655a6
  3. How to fix 100% packet loss?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix 100% packet loss?: My internet connection is fine, I just have 100% packet loss so I can’t play online. I have restarted the console, restarted the router. I have changed DNS, and I have even reset the console, and...
  4. Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x: Iv tried everything I know, broadband line test, wired, wireless, tethered to my phone, factory reset the xbox, rest the router, no matter what I do its still 100% packet loss, any ideas....
  5. As of May 31 2024 I had a 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of May 31 2024 I had a 100% packet loss: How did this happen Why is it happening How to fix it e97122dd-ff3f-4843-a1bc-252c74fc310d
  6. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  7. 100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY: So, with this huge outage, for almost 2 hours, I took the liberty to check for packet loss. Yup, 100% packet loss, the whole time. Imagine that. It’s you all. Please fix this, [img]...
  8. 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss: For the past 4 days I've been having the 100% packet loss problem. I can play certain games perfectly fine, but other get an error when launched. I've contacted my ISP, but everything was fine...
  9. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  10. My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...: My download and upload speed are fairly below average (17mbps and 1.6mbps), yet haven't been an issue in the past. Latency and MTU also are looking normal. My wireless connection for phones etc...