0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

Discus and support 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Robby E, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Robby E
    Robby E Guest

0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for a fix and cannot find one that works anywhere online, any fixes?

0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store [​IMG]

0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store [​IMG]

:)

Robby E, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Robby.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for your issue. It's probably a bug in the Xbox app. he error code indicates only the issue of the game not downloading.

Even though it might seem obvious, it's always best to ensure that our PC and all drivers are up to date. The same goes for the Xbox app and Game Services.

To update Game Services and your app.

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    Select Library.
    Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

If the issue remains, you can also try to remove and reinstall Gaming services.

To do this you must press the Start button on the taskbar,
    type 'powershell,'
    right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select 'Run as administrator.'

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select 'Yes' when you receive the User Account Control (UAC)
    prompt.
    Restart your device

Further information at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. XBF - Tali Win User

Error 0x80070057

Hello JG,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. To confirm, are you no longer able to install the Minecraft launcher after accidentally quitting the installation? Were you attempting to download the game from the official Minecraft webpage? Was the game purchased from the Microsoft Store app? What happens if you attempt to download the game from the Microsoft Store app? Answers to these questions will help us better assist with the error you are receiving.

If you happen to have Game Pass Ultimate, you may also attempt to download the game from the Xbox app to see if you receive the same error.

I look forward to your response!

-Tali
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

I Have Ultimate Gamepass but Can't Download Games on My PC

Hello Crazy Cat Swag,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The subscription appears to be active so the issue must be related to the Xbox apps not detecting the subscription from the account that is signed in to the application. You can choose to install games from the Microsoft
    Store as well as the Xbox Console Companion App and the Xbox (Beta) App. We recommend signing in to the Microsoft Store App with the account that has the subscription, and attempting to

install one of the Xbox Game Pass Games
    through there. Does the same error appear when you attempt to install a game from the Microsoft Store App?

You do not need to purchase the subscription if your account already owns it. We will continue to troubleshoot the issue until the apps are able to detect your subscription. We hope this information helps Crazy Cat Swag!
  5. cachorroalfa29 Win User

Xbox Game pass for PC

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are being asked to purchase Dead by Daylight even though you have an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription. We recommend making sure you are signed in to the Microsoft
    Store App, Xbox (beta) App and Xbox Console Companion App with the account that owns the subscription.
    Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App? Are you able to begin the installation when you try downloading the game from the Microsoft Store App? Is this issue occurring with any other Xbox Game Pass for PC games? Be sure
    to let us know the results !
    the day before yesterday i played dbdl. When I started the game today, I got an error: "Dead By Daylight is not currently available in your account. This is the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001".
    When I uninstalled it to download the game again, only the price did not install.

ps .: i'm using google translator, sorry for any typos. <3

ps.: I tried to download from the microsoft store and the price also appears.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Game pass for PC

Hello cachorroalfa29,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are being asked to purchase Dead by Daylight even though you have an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription. We recommend making sure you are signed in to the Microsoft
    Store App, Xbox (beta) App and Xbox Console Companion App with the account that owns the subscription.
    Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App? Are you able to begin the installation when you try downloading the game from the Microsoft Store App? Is this issue occurring with any other Xbox Game Pass for PC games? Be sure
    to let us know the results cachorroalfa29!
Thema:

1. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - 0x87e0000f error attempting

2. error code 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x87e0000f: I recently downloaded several games on PC Gamepass, the last of which was Nier: Automata which keeps stopping at 23.2Gb (just over halfway) and throwing up that error code. I have tried to...
  3. Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®: Xbox One S Every time I try to download Call of Duty the download starts (it doesn't go even 1 MB) and then stops with the error code 0x87E0000F. This ONLY happens with Call of Duty as my other...
  4. Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I'm trying to download the game, but exactly at 56% with 15.4GB downloaded, the error happens and i can't continue the download. Tried cancelling and trying again, but the exact same thing happens...
  5. Error 0x87e0000f xbox one while downloading BF1

in XboX Insiders
    Error 0x87e0000f xbox one while downloading BF1: Hi all I have xbox one with latest update installed And want to download BF1 but it refuses to download it and gives me error 0x87e0000f. I never had this problem before and was playing bf1 with...
  6. PC Gamepass Download Error Code 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass Download Error Code 0x87e0000f: [img] a Hello! Whenever I try and install Halo Infinite and ONLY Halo Infinite it gives me the Network Error Code (0x87e0000f). I tried downloading other games and it works perfectly fine, its...
  7. code error 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code error 0x87e0000f: Split from this thread. Having the same issue as OP, trying to install Warhammer 40k Darktide. Did all of the steps in the troubleshooting guide, hasn't resolved the problem at all. went from...
  8. code error 0x87e0000f

in XBoX on Windows
    code error 0x87e0000f: installing football manager 2023, 2 days, no progress (or very slow progress both apps up to date and same account (store / xbox app) ssd - 200gb avalaible previously, i install fifa 23 and dont...
  9. Error 0x87e0000f when downloading Hitman on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87e0000f when downloading Hitman on PC: Hi, I am trying to download Hitman World of Assassination on my Windows 10 PC using the latest Xbox app and I am getting error 0x87e0000f while downloading the game. It started fine till it...
  10. Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10): I tried preloading Starfield via Gamepass through Xbox pc app, and once I reached 55% I received error code '0x87e0000f'. -I have an extra 100gb of space on my SSD where Starfield is downloading....