0x803f900a error with physical copy of the game and account with no history of game pass

Discus and support 0x803f900a error with physical copy of the game and account with no history of game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm writing on behalf of my brother-in-law who has a weird issue with his XBOX ONE. He doesn't play often, so today he tried to launch some games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Assaeyedjames, Apr 18, 2022.

1. 0x803f900a error with physical copy of the game and account with no history of game pass

Hi,
    I'm writing on behalf of my brother-in-law who has a weird issue with his XBOX ONE.
    He doesn't play often, so today he tried to launch some games after a long break, eg. FIFA20 and Sniper Elite, but sadly none of them worked.
    He witnessed an 0x803f900a error saying he must first renew his gamepass subscription. This is the weird part: games he owns, are physical copies, his account never used gamepass.

There is a history of using gamepass on the console however, because a year ago I've log onto my account on his XONE to play Human Fall Flat with my sister. After the playthrough we cancelled the subscription, but the whole thing, I will say it again, was on my account, second, separate account on my brother-in-law XONE. Account itself was then even removed from the console, so that he could ommit choosing "who plays today" screen and get to his games quicker. Don't know if that paragraph is useful, but that is the only thing connecting his XONE to Game Pass whatsoever.

Since then he barelly even played anything, my guess is nothing, so I have no idea if something changed, maybe Game Pass is obligatory for everything now I don't know, thus I'm asking.

We already tried launching the games from different menus, relogging, restarting console, changing power options, everything I could find on the forums, but I couldn't find the exact issue he has now.

TLDR: XONE denies access to physical copy of games, requesting renewing game pass which was never used nor previously required on the account to play said games.

:)

Assaeyedjames, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

0x803f900a error with physical copy of the game and account with no history of game pass

Hi Assaeyedjames! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

That happens because the console doesn't detect the disc on the drive, please try the following

Remove the disc from the console

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox

Insert the disc during the Xbox screen

You can also Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

"Account itself was then even removed from the console, so that he could ommit choosing "who plays today" screen and get to his games quicker."

Check this support page, Error code 0x803f9000a.

According to that link, you need to download his account onto the console and sign in to play the game.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Fable three Game error? Please help!! I recieved Fable three on xbox 360 a long time ago and now i have an xbox one

If it's not in your download history it's possible you had the physical copy of the game & not a digital copy.

If it was the digital copy then it will be in your download history as long as you are using the same account that downloaded the game in the first place.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Game pass trial

Hello Jackson,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are having issues with your game pass. Here is a

guide for the error 0x803f900a
    . Also if it is a trial, then it could of ran out. Try the troubleshooting steps out and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Devildogg2323 Win User

Xbox One Error code 0x803f900a

Thema:

1. 0x803f900a error with physical copy of the game and account with no history of game pass - Similar Threads - 0x803f900a error physical

2. Why am I experiencing error code 0x803f900A when my subscription to Game Pass Ultimate is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I experiencing error code 0x803f900A when my subscription to Game Pass Ultimate is...: I’ve tried deleting my account from the console, restarting, as well as a series of other setting options that couldn’t fix my issue. I’m unable to play the games I love even though everything...
  3. Error 0x803f900a already signed into correct account and already renewed subscription with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803f900a already signed into correct account and already renewed subscription with...: I’m trying to play a game from Xbox live gold and it won’t start. Every time I attempt to launch it there’s text that says sign in or renew the subscription. I checked my subscriptions and I am...
  4. I am receiving a 0x803f900a error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving a 0x803f900a error: I have tried restarting the Xbox a series, removed and added my account again, but I cannot play any of the 3 games I have installed and my subscription is up to date...
  5. Error 0x82d40007 following profile removal and re-add to resolve 0x803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x82d40007 following profile removal and re-add to resolve 0x803f900a: Xbox Series X, Far Cry 6, active Game Pass premium, Xbox set as home Xbox with confirmed internet connection. Started receiving error 0x803f900a when attempting to load Far Cry 6 (owned game...
  6. Error 0x803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803f900a: I’d be very grateful for some help here. I’m getting error code 0x803f900a - sign in or renew subscription whenever I try to launch any game on Xbox Gamepass on my Xbox One. My subscription is...
  7. Error code 0x803f900a

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code 0x803f900a: I am constantly getting this error though the device is my home xbox whenever i want to play a gamepass or ea play game offline. I already redownloaded my profile. I already reset my console. I...
  8. Error Code 0x803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x803f900a: Hi, I have recently purchased DAI goty edition on the Microsoft store. But I cannot play it offline, saying I need to renew my subscription. I have checked my order history and used the...
  9. Error 0x803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803f900a: My copy of Halo: The Masterchief Collection on disc won't play. I get error message 0x803f900a. My Xbox subscriptions are all up to date and I'm the only subscriber owner/holder. I really want to...
  10. Impossible to launch FFIX on Xbox One - error code 0X803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to launch FFIX on Xbox One - error code 0X803f900a: Hi all, From the past few days, I can no longer open FFIX on my Xbox one. The error code listed above states that I either need to connect with the profile that purchased the game (it's the...