0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

Discus and support 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ka kow, Sep 22, 2023.

1. ka kow
    ka kow Guest

0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior:

• add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then disappear. they can add me, but i can not add themback

• add them via xbox.com: click icon, screen changes, friend not added.

i can still message them from the console [so, not blocked], and my enforcement is 0/8 strikes, because not a toxic player.

perused the 'recommended solutions', zero useful data to try something i haven't already tried.

what is this? literally no error message, except sometimes on console it tells me it 'cannot process' the request or something to effect.

with no strikes, how can i be shadowbanned?

:)

ka kow, Sep 22, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi ka kow!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi ka kow!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with adding friends on Xbox. Based on the information you've provided, it's possible that there may be a technical issue with your account or with the Xbox Live service.

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Clear the cache on your Xbox console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplugging it for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on again.

2. Check your Xbox Live account settings to ensure that your privacy settings are not preventing you from adding friends. You can do this by going to the Xbox Live website and signing into your account, then navigating to the Privacy & Online Safety section.

3. Try adding friends from a different device, such as a mobile phone or computer, to see if the issue is specific to your Xbox console.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Xbox customer support for further assistance. They will be able to investigate the issue and provide additional troubleshooting steps if necessary. To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Can't "Friend" another Xbox Live user

Hey Balord -

Have you tried adding the user as a friend using Xbox.com or a smartphone app as well as the console? Are they able to add you as a friend? Make sure that everyone has their privacy settings set to allow friends as well. If you are still unable to add the
    user as a friend, there is a possibility they may have blocked you.

Feel free to keep us posted. :)
  5. Xervixua Win User

I got console banned for nothing and i need help whit it so i can get unbannad have done nothing wrong or anything

It say my banned is infinity have done nothing got 0 strikes 0 nothing
  6. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Xbox One Not Showing Me That I'm Online?

Sk3pTiCz,

Did you add her from the One or was it from the 360/Xbox.com? I have one friend who I added on my Xbox One who does not show up on my friends list on the 360 or on Xbox.com. I'd bet that is the issue - try adding her from the Xbox website or a 360 console.
Thema:

1. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing - Similar Threads - strikes unable 'keep'

2. console got banned but no strike.

in XBoX on Consoles
    console got banned but no strike.: While playing MWIII plunder everything goods until this happened. earlier this morning my account can make a purchase I even tried in my friends account after contacting support I manage to...
  3. This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban: Do you guys k ow what to do ce2c8c28-5da0-4e53-9cc3-ce9f81ee279a
  4. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  5. I just receive 3 strike in 1 min without à warning

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just receive 3 strike in 1 min without à warning: Hi, I download a picture from my cell phone, then I got three Stikes without even a warning. Can someone from the community can help me. Or a represent of microsoft...
  6. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  7. Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.: I originally played xbox in 2022 but my xbox broke and recently got a new one, I already got 6 strikes and dont know what they mean, I originally had a history of snatching peoples internet...
  8. I have a unfair ban/strike against my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a unfair ban/strike against my account.: So I have a 2 day ban/strike against my account because of a miss type and I will happily send a pic of the conversation to justify my case. Are there any enforcement members that can help me with...
  9. Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?: How does saying "You are so **** man can’t believe the garbage you get away with " constitute 2/8 strikes? Clearly messaging the player regarding the game we just played can’t understand how...
  10. Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...: I keep getting banned for no reason at all and I need help figuring this out ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other*** 5b6ca4f3-ad78-439e-a7c1-9838c7b868eb