0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength

Discus and support 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all and thanks to anyone in advance that will try and help me with this. I'll try and frame the story quickly. Was using the modem/router combo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kalabao, May 24, 2016.

1. Kalabao
    Kalabao Guest

Hello all and thanks to anyone in advance that will try and help me with this. I'll try and frame the story quickly. Was using the modem/router combo from Verizon FiOS before no problems. Moved to a new place. Got my own modem and router now my Xbox
    360 is having issues. Currently using a Linksys WRT ACS1900. Paying for 75mbps and obviously since it's connected via wifi I'm not expecting that, but I'm thinking a near 100% dropoff is acceptable. When it's connected through the ethernet connection things
    work just fine. Unfortunately, that's not really ideal. Any help would be awesome. I've scoured the forum and internet for help, but I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks again, all!

:)

Kalabao, May 24, 2016
  2. stephstag
    stephstag Guest
    Adding profile error

Download speed MTU

6.84 Mbps 1480

Upload speed Latency

0.52 Mbps 101 ms

Packet loss Wireless Strength

0% 100%

stephstag, May 24, 2016
  3. Detailed Network Stats

Provider: Comcast Download Speed: 51.50 Upload Speed: 11.50 Packet Loss: 0 MTU: 1480 Latency: 101 ms Connection: Wired Strength : 100%

MaximumExtreme, May 24, 2016
  4. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength

Hey, Kalabao! Sorry to see any connection issues. Who did you switch over to? It appears that's just a base router you've listed, and most companies give out a router/modem combo device that could be causing some issues outside of your router while connected.

If you can, please post back with the information in bold at the bottom of the first post of
    this sticky. Be sure to do the connection test it asks for while you're connected wirelessly for best results (regarding your issue). From there, we'll be able to help sort out everything else
    for you. Thanks!

Misses Quinzel, May 24, 2016
  5. Kalabao
    Kalabao Guest
    I switched over to Comcast. I opted not to go with a modem/router combo that you can rent from the ISP. Here are the answers to the questions from that stickied post:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?: Maryland, United States

Modem brand & model number: Motorola MB7420 (It's a 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem)

Router brand & model number: Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router

How many consoles do you have connected to this router?: 3 consoles (XB1 no issue; 2 Xbox 360 with issues)

Wired or wireless (for each console): Both wireless

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal adapter (Xbox 360 S/E)?: No

Things you have tried: Reset router and modem, checked other newer 360 to see if it was machine specific, reseting router to factory settings

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: moderate

Is UPnP Enabled?: Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter: none

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?: Comcast

After you run "Test Xbox Live connection", press “A” for "More Info”, and then "Y" for "Status". In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4860

Z: 8015 - 1918

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 0015 - 10F1

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.1.1, 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 6

I found I answered enough of them to be of help in obtaining a correct solution for this. I guess because I have multiple XB360 I can't use port forwarding. I can't even get it to load "my pins" in a timely fashion so that's why I'm curious what happened.
    I'm assuming it's the devices I'm using now to connect to the internet that is the issue at hand here seeing as how that's really the only thing that's changed. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out Misses Quinzel!

Kalabao, May 24, 2016
  6. Kalabao
    Kalabao Guest
    Not I "found", I meant I hoped I've answered enough of them 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength :)

Kalabao, May 24, 2016
  7. Kalabao
    Kalabao Guest
    Still hoping for some help if there's anybody else that's encountered this issue and found a fix. Thanks again!

Kalabao, May 25, 2016
  8. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength

Hey, Kalabao! Sorry about the delay; I was off yesterday.

While we don't have much information on hand for that specific router, Linksys have notoriously not supported multiple consoles with open NAT. This can also cause random disconnections. You should only need to have UPnP on for routing properly; I do see
    you have moderate NAT, so it's not working for your situation.

My suggestion is to unplug all the consoles from the router, then do a 5 minute power cycle on it to refresh its UPnP table (some routers also have the option to do this manually; if yours does, follow the manual to do that and then do the power cycle after).
    Once it's fully powered back up, plug in the one that is having the most disconnect issues. If it's still having problems, then it's a wireless issue and not a NAT issue.

If it does still happen, then we'll want to look at your set up and see if we can improve that so you can enjoy your console wirelessly. Post back with how your set up is in your house; you'll want to detail the walls and floors in between your router and
    your console, as well as the rooms that are directly in between them if you drew a straight line from your console to your router.

If there are no disconnections, then it's likely the NAT causing the disconnections, and I would suggest a new router that does support multiple consoles. I have seen D-Link routers and newer Netgears work wonderfully for that particular issue.

Let me know which way it goes! If you get a new router, I definitely want to make sure we work with you so that you're still up and running after it's set up. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength :)

Misses Quinzel, May 26, 2016
  9. Kalabao
    Kalabao Guest
    Hi Misses Quinzel!

The two XB360s that are having issues are similar if not the same. So I'll explain the location of both. One XB360 is next to the router and still has the same issues whether I connect to it using my wifi or I plug it into my router and use a wired connection.
    Still says I have moderate NAT. The upside is the download speed is much much faster at 35mbps.

The second XB360 is one floor below in the finished basement portion of my house. It is almost directly underneath it, so I guess there's only the floor between it and my router. Distance is I guess about 11-12 feet and it's near my XB1 that has an open
    NAT.

I guess I could just get a WiFi extender and connect by XB360 downstairs to that using an ethernet cable to solve that issue, but if there's a way to save me $60-80 I'd like to explore those first 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength :)

Is this a situation where this very new Linksys WRT ACS1900 just doesn't play nice with the XB360, but is just fine with the XB1? To be perfectly honest the games I play on my XB360 aren't multiplayer. Does NAT only affect that portion or might it have
    something to do with the slow download speed as well?

Kalabao, May 26, 2016
  10. Thanks for the full details! That helps out a lot.

360 #1 is right next to the router. Make sure it is more than 5 feet away from the router if you keep it wireless; the closer it is, the less signal it gets because of the way wifi signals travel. If it's closer than 5 feet, keep that thing wired. That will
    give you the best experience overall. You will always have moderate NAT (at least, it could go to strict) as long as you have more than one Xbox console on this router.

360 #2 is basically directly below the router. This is where things get weird, especially with different floors. First, you don't want the console directly below the router. Wifi signals travel up and out; ideally, you'd want your router in the basement
    because of this. Think of it kind of like a water spraying out of your router at a 45 degree angle. It goes up, it falls down. It goes out kind of in the shape of a donut around the router. If you can, I'd move the console so that it's not directly under.
    Additionally, the ceiling in your basement could cause problems. This is going to sound weird, but do you have stucco ceilings? A lot of times, there is a chicken wire used to hold that stucco there, and the metal can attract the wireless signal. This would
    degrade the connection you have. Same with if you have metal pipes in the house (this is only applicable in really old houses, most homes have PVC pipes now).

It's not that the Linksys works just fine with the One and not the 360s, it's that it really only likes one console in general when it comes to Xbox consoles. That router isn't very good at routing traffic to the same ports for multiple devices, and that's
    where the NAT comes in. The slow download speed may just be the router needing to be on current software or even factory reset; it's very unlikely related to NAT. NAT should only be affecting the ability to stay connected.

At this time, I don't suggest getting an extender. This is because, while the Xbox consoles are pretty neat computers, the consoles are pretty much "stupid" devices. I say this in a sense that the more simple the set up, the better the console likes it.
    I think we can improve things with just rearranging as needed right now. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength :) Make sure your 360s are following the advice above, and let me know if it helps to improve connections.

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Kalabao Win User

Hi Misses Quinzel!

The two XB360s that are having issues are similar if not the same. So I'll explain the location of both. One XB360 is next to the router and still has the same issues whether I connect to it using my wifi or I plug it into my router and use a wired connection.
    Still says I have moderate NAT. The upside is the download speed is much much faster at 35mbps.

The second XB360 is one floor below in the finished basement portion of my house. It is almost directly underneath it, so I guess there's only the floor between it and my router. Distance is I guess about 11-12 feet and it's near my XB1 that has an open
    NAT.

I guess I could just get a WiFi extender and connect by XB360 downstairs to that using an ethernet cable to solve that issue, but if there's a way to save me $60-80 I'd like to explore those first :)

Is this a situation where this very new Linksys WRT ACS1900 just doesn't play nice with the XB360, but is just fine with the XB1? To be perfectly honest the games I play on my XB360 aren't multiplayer. Does NAT only affect that portion or might it have
    something to do with the slow download speed as well?
  12. Kalabao Win User

Not I "found", I meant I hoped I've answered enough of them :)
  13. Kalabao Win User

Still hoping for some help if there's anybody else that's encountered this issue and found a fix. Thanks again!
  14. Misses Quinzel Win User

Thanks for the full details! That helps out a lot.

360 #1 is right next to the router. Make sure it is more than 5 feet away from the router if you keep it wireless; the closer it is, the less signal it gets because of the way wifi signals travel. If it's closer than 5 feet, keep that thing wired. That will
    give you the best experience overall. You will always have moderate NAT (at least, it could go to strict) as long as you have more than one Xbox console on this router.

360 #2 is basically directly below the router. This is where things get weird, especially with different floors. First, you don't want the console directly below the router. Wifi signals travel up and out; ideally, you'd want your router in the basement
    because of this. Think of it kind of like a water spraying out of your router at a 45 degree angle. It goes up, it falls down. It goes out kind of in the shape of a donut around the router. If you can, I'd move the console so that it's not directly under.
    Additionally, the ceiling in your basement could cause problems. This is going to sound weird, but do you have stucco ceilings? A lot of times, there is a chicken wire used to hold that stucco there, and the metal can attract the wireless signal. This would
    degrade the connection you have. Same with if you have metal pipes in the house (this is only applicable in really old houses, most homes have PVC pipes now).

It's not that the Linksys works just fine with the One and not the 360s, it's that it really only likes one console in general when it comes to Xbox consoles. That router isn't very good at routing traffic to the same ports for multiple devices, and that's
    where the NAT comes in. The slow download speed may just be the router needing to be on current software or even factory reset; it's very unlikely related to NAT. NAT should only be affecting the ability to stay connected.

At this time, I don't suggest getting an extender. This is because, while the Xbox consoles are pretty neat computers, the consoles are pretty much "stupid" devices. I say this in a sense that the more simple the set up, the better the console likes it.
    I think we can improve things with just rearranging as needed right now. :) Make sure your 360s are following the advice above, and let me know if it helps to improve connections.
  15. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Kalabao! Sorry about the delay; I was off yesterday.

While we don't have much information on hand for that specific router, Linksys have notoriously not supported multiple consoles with open NAT. This can also cause random disconnections. You should only need to have UPnP on for routing properly; I do see
    you have moderate NAT, so it's not working for your situation.

My suggestion is to unplug all the consoles from the router, then do a 5 minute power cycle on it to refresh its UPnP table (some routers also have the option to do this manually; if yours does, follow the manual to do that and then do the power cycle after).
    Once it's fully powered back up, plug in the one that is having the most disconnect issues. If it's still having problems, then it's a wireless issue and not a NAT issue.

If it does still happen, then we'll want to look at your set up and see if we can improve that so you can enjoy your console wirelessly. Post back with how your set up is in your house; you'll want to detail the walls and floors in between your router and
    your console, as well as the rooms that are directly in between them if you drew a straight line from your console to your router.

If there are no disconnections, then it's likely the NAT causing the disconnections, and I would suggest a new router that does support multiple consoles. I have seen D-Link routers and newer Netgears work wonderfully for that particular issue.

Let me know which way it goes! If you get a new router, I definitely want to make sure we work with you so that you're still up and running after it's set up. :)
Thema:

1. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength - Similar Threads - 01mbps download speed

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  5. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  6. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  7. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  8. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  9. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  10. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...